PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Minopta Company, has created this website aiming to serving its customers. The website is simple and user friendly and is designed to meet the specific needs of each user. In order to achieve your best service, it is important that you, our customer, understand that you must provide us with specific information that is protected by us.
The processing of personal data is done in accordance with the provisions of the General Regulation of Personal Data Protection (GDPR 2016/679), with any specific national and European legislation for certain areas, the current Greek legislation for the protection of personal data, as well as for the protection of personal data and privacy in the field of electronic communications (Law 3471/2006, as applicable) and the decisions of the Personal Data Protection Authority (PDPA). The company has adapted to the GDPR framework.
This Privacy Statement and the attached Terms and Conditions of Use of this website describe the method of data collection from the Minopta website, the use of this data by us and the terms and conditions of use of this website. This Privacy Statement relates solely to your personal data, which you provide to us during your browsing of this website.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is information that identifies you directly or indirectly. Indirectly means in conjunction with other information, such as your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number, or a unique device identification number.
The information voluntarily provided by the users of the mentioned website, is used in order for its users to have direct and effective communication with the store, to be provided with answers to specific questions they ask and finally to be served and their orders to be executed. The information that Minopta collects through the website, is intended to measure its website traffic number, determine customer demands for more products and facilitate transactions with the company. Minopta does not distribute to any other organization or partner that is not connected to the website the email addresses, or any other information concerning its users and customers.
Minopta has designed its website so that its users can visit it without having to reveal their identity, unless they wish to do so. The visitors of our website are requested to provide us with their personal data, only in case they want to request an offer, to register on our website and / or to send an email.
Use of Information. Minopta collects the following types of user information:
- Information that the user gives us when registering as a customer.
- Information given by the user in order to request an offer. In case of an offer request, our website will ask you for your name, phone number and email address.
Minopta makes use of the information you provide to us during the online submission of the form, in order to contact you regarding: (i) the request of an offer, (ii) confirmation and identification of the customer in any necessary case, (iii) special offers, (iv) receipt of prizes after a lottery. You have the opportunity to choose whether or not you want to receive such communication by sending your request via email to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Any supporting document and document certifying and stating the identity of the customer remains strictly confidential and is reviewed only by the responsible department. The submission of your personal data by you means that you consent to this data being used by Minopta employees. Minopta requires its employees and the maintainers of its website to provide the customer users with the level of security mentioned in this Privacy Statement. We cannot share your personal data in any other case without your concept. Please note that under certain conditions, permitted or required by law or by court order, the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, which have been collected online without your prior consent. (e.g. in case of a court decision).
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
USE OF CUSTOMER DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
In order to continually improve and enhance our services, we may send you by e-mail marketing messages related to our business, which may be of interest to you. You can select the types of communications you want to receive at any time by updating your email preferences. You can also unsubscribe at any time.
Consent: We will not use your data for advertising purposes unless you have given your prior explicit and free consent. However, for existing customers, we may use the email address we received from you as part of our existing customer relationship to provide you with marketing materials related to similar products or services that you have previously requested, used or may be interested in. You may, however, object to this use at the time of collection and each time you send a message. In order to stop receiving emails for marketing purposes, follow the instructions in the email you receive.
Legal Obligations and Advocacy. We may need to use and maintain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as preventing, detecting or investigating a crime, preventing loss, fraud or any other misuse of our services and information systems. We may also use your personal data for internal and external audit purposes, security information purposes, or to protect or enforce our rights, privacy, security, our property or those of others.
Cookies are divided into the following categories
These cookies remember your preferences when you browse our website, so that we can suggest the right products based on your needs, thus helping you to find much more easily what you are looking for.
Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. They allow us to see which pages they visit most often, inform us if they encounter a problem while navigating, etc. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the visitor as the information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are used only to improve the way our website works.
These cookies are used to provide ads related to you and your interests. They are also used to send ads or offers that best meet your needs, thus reducing unwanted and unsolicited advertising messages. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
They are a subset of the functionality Cookies and enable us to evaluate the effectiveness of the various functions of our website, thus constantly improving the experience we offer you.
You can also set your Browser (chrome, firefox edge etc.), to notify you every time before a cookie is downloaded and decide to download or reject it. In this case, keep in mind that you may not be able to take full advantage of it.
Minopta may use Google Analytics features for display ads (e.g., repeat marketing, Google Display Network reports, etc.). Using Ads Settings, visitors can be excluded from Google Analytics for display ads and adjust Google Display Network ads.
Minopta complies with Google AdWords interest-based advertising policy and restrictions on sensitive categories and:
Links to other sites
Our website may include links to other websites which are not controlled by it but by third parties (natural or legal entities). In any case we are not responsible for the Terms of Protection of the Personal Data of the visitors / users that these bodies follow.
Processing of children’s personal data
The Company will not collect or process personal data of children under the age of 16 unless parental consent has been given, in accordance with applicable local law. If we notice that a child’s personal data has been collected by mistake, we will delete this data without undue delay.
Correcting, Modifying or Deleting Information
Minopta allows users to correct, modify, supplement or delete data and information submitted to our website. If you choose to delete information, we will act to delete that information from our files immediately. For the protection and safety of the user, we will try to make sure that the person making the changes is indeed the same person as the user. To have access, change or delete your personal data, to report problems concerning the operation of the website or to ask any question contact us via email at email@example.com. Please note that we will do everything possible to protect your personal data, but protecting your password on our website is up to you too.
Minopta is committed to ensure the security and integrity of the data it collects about users of its website. We have adopted procedures that protect the personal data that users submit to the website or provide it by any other means (e.g. by telephone). These processes protect users’ data from any unauthorized access or disclosure, loss or misuse, and alteration or destruction. They also help to ensure that this information is accurate and used properly.
We enforce the appropriate level of security and have therefore implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to secure the data we collect from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access to personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise been processed differently. Our information security policy procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are regularly reviewed and updated whenever necessary to meet our business needs, technology changes and regulatory requirements. Access to your personal data is granted only to staff or direct associates with the Company who are required to have such information for your service. In case of violation of data containing personal data, the Company will comply with the applicable legislation regarding the notification of the violation.
Your legal rights
As a data subject, you have specific legal rights regarding the personal data we collect from you. The Company will respect your rights and will adequately address your concerns.
The following list contains information about your legal rights arising from applicable data protection laws:
- Right to withdraw consent: Where the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right of correction: You can ask us to correct the personal data which concern you. We make reasonable efforts to maintain your personal data in our possession or control and are used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. You also have the ability to check and correct your personal data by logging in to your personal account on our website.
- Restriction right: You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, if
Question the accuracy of your personal information for the period during which we will need to verify the accuracy.
The processing is illegal and you request the processing to be restricted instead of deleting your personal data.
We no longer need your personal data, but you need them to support, exert or defend legal claims.
You object to the processing for the period we verify whether our legitimate interests take precedence over yours.
- Right of access: You may request information about the personal data we hold about you, including information about the categories of personal data we hold or control, for what purpose they are used, where they were collected, if not by you directly, and to whom they have been notified, as appropriate. You can receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, free of charge. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for any further copy you may request.
- Right to portability: Upon your request, we will transfer your data to another controller, where technically feasible, provided that processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract. Instead of receiving a copy of your personal data, you can ask us to transfer the data to another controller, that you will indicate to us directly.
- Right of deletion: You can ask us to delete your personal data where – personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed – you have the right to object to further processing of your personal data and you exercise this right – processing is based on your consent, withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing – your personal data has been processed illegally unless processing is necessary – to comply with a legal obligation which requires processing by us – in particular for lawful performance obligations – to support, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right of objection: You may object – at any time – to the processing of your personal data due to your particular situation, provided that the processing is not based on your consent but on our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of others. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legal reasons and a vested interest in processing or supporting, exercising or defending legal claims. If you object to processing, please specify whether you wish to delete your personal data or restrict processing by us.
- Right to file a complaint: In the case of an alleged violation of applicable privacy law, you can file a complaint with the data protection supervisor in your country of residence or where the alleged violation occurred.
Time period: We will try to satisfy your request within 30 days. However, the time limit may be extended for specific reasons related to the specific legal right or the complexity of your request.
Restriction of access: In some cases, we may not be able to provide access to all or some of your personal data under applicable law. If we refuse your request for access, we will inform you about the reason for the refusal.
Non-identification: In some cases, we may not be able to retrieve your personal data because of the identifier you provided in your application. Two examples of personal data that we cannot search for when you provide your name and email address are: – data collected through browser cookies, – data collected by social media if you have posted a comment under a nickname not known to us.
In such cases, where we cannot identify you as the subject of the data, we are unable to comply with your request to enforce your legal rights as described in this article, unless you provide us with additional information that allows you to be identified.
Exercising your legal rights: In order to exercise your legal rights, please contact us in writing via e-mail.
Keeping your personal data
In general, we will delete the personal data we collect from you if it is no longer necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was originally collected. However, we may be asked to store your personal data for a longer period of time due to legal provisions.
In addition, we will not delete all your personal data if you have asked us not to contact you in the future. For this purpose, the Company maintains files that contain information about individuals who do not wish to be contacted in the future (e.g. via group e-mails). We categorize your requests as consent for the storage of your personal data for the purposes of maintaining this file unless you give us different instructions.
If you use this website you accept and consent to this Privacy Statement as well as to the terms and conditions of use of the website announced through it.